This is the error message shown when connecting the Power Automate cloud to the Power Automate Desktop (PAD) using the Gateway while creating a new connection.
Could not connect to Desktop Flows running on your machine. Please make sure that desktop flows is installed and running.
Please check for the following when creating a connection –
- If your device runs Windows 10 Home, you can use PAD to create your desktop flows and monitor them on Power Automate Cloud. You can’t trigger desktop flows to run from the cloud on Windows 10 Home devices.
- Your device must belong to either of these – Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows Server 2016, or Windows Server 2019.
- Work or School account to log in to both PAD and Power Automate cloud.
- Use same credential for PAD, Gateway and Cloud
- PAD is installed and logged in with latest version
- Gateway is up and running
- Check your windows credentials
- Open Gateway and login again, keep the gateway window open till you try creating the connection again.
- Check if UIFlowService is running. If not, follow these steps from Microsoft Doc.
I hope, with this information, you are able to find the exact cause of the error. Visit my blog on How to Run Desktop Flows from Power Automate Cloud?
Thank you All!!! Hope you find this useful.
If you liked our content and it was helpful, you can buy us a coffee or a pizza. Thank you so much.