UiPath Data Services makes it easier to store data used within your RPA solutions. UiPath now lets you communicate with Data Services through the API. With the API you can:
- Get an entity
- Get an entity record
- Query an entity
- Update an entity record
- Create an entity record
- Delete an entity record
You can also execute bulk operations. Here’s the UiPath Data Services API documentation.
But first… We must authenticate. For a deeper understanding of how UiPath
auth works, take a look at the documentation.
Register an External App on UiPath Orchestrator (Cloud)
Navigate to your instance of the cloud orchestrator. Click on Admin and navigate to External Applications. Select Add Application and provide the following information:
- Application Name: the name of the application you’re creating
- Confidential application versus Non-confidential application: the difference here is how securely you’ll be able to store the app secret. It is important to note that when using a Non-confidential application, your auth method will differ slightly.
- Scope: You’ll need to select all user scopes which you can do by selecting Add Scope and changing the Resource to Data Services API.
- Redirect URL: Since we are using Postman to auth, you’ll need to add the Postman callback URL. If you aren’t using Postman, add your own custom redirect URL
- For Desktop use: https://oauth.pstmn.io/v1/callback
- For Browser use: https://oauth.pstmn.io/v1/browser-callback
When you click Add, you’ll see the following, followed by the ID and secret which you should store securely:
Auth on Postman
In Postman, create a new request and navigate to the Authorization tab, located underneath the URL bar:
Assign the following values:
- Grant type: Authorization code
- (if you have set the external application as non-confident application should you use Authorization code (PKCE))
- Callback URL: https://oauth.pstmn.io/v1/callback
- This should match the callback URL you assigned to the redirect URL under the external application on the orchestrator
- Auth URL: https://cloud.uipath.com/identity_/connect/authorize
- Access Token URL: https://cloud.uipath.com/identity_/connect/token
- Client ID: The client ID you received when you created the external application on the orchestrator
- Client Secret: The client secret you received when you created the external application on the orchestrator
- Scope: DataService.Data.Read DataService.Data.Write DataService.Schema.Read
- Client Authentication: Send as Basic Auth header
Now you can get your access token and start making API calls to the UiPath Data Services API.
You must be logged in to post a comment.