This demo will be using chrome browser to run selenium scripts.
Adding Chrome to Environment Variable
- Click start and type Environment Variable. Select “Edit environment variable for your account”.
- Select Path and click edit.
- Add the path where your chrome.exe is present. Usually it will be present in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Application”.
- Test addition of chrome path using command prompt. Execute the below command, it should open your chrome browser.
- Type following command to open chrome on remote debugging mode. Change to any port which is available.
chrome.exe --remote-debugging-port=9222 --user-data-dir="C:\Selenium\ChromeProfile"
- This will create a folder “Selenium” in C drive to keep all data related to chrome.
- Open your Selenium Java code and add the following code to create chrome driver to point to chrome running in debugger mode at port 9222.
System.setProperty("webdriver.chrome.driver", "<Path of Chrome driver>\\chromedriver.exe"); ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions(); options.setExperimentalOption("debuggerAddress","localhost:9222"); ChromeDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options);
- Now all your scripts will be running in already opened chrome browser.